Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pussy, cat


The following is a copy of an e-mail I sent out the other day: 


Well, sadly, we had to come back from vacation a day early to put our beloved cat, Snow, to sleep. She was 18 years old and her health had declined drastically in the past few days. She had kidney failure, anemia, a heart murmur and a tumor on her pancreas (which we never tested because she was too old to do anything about it even if it were cancerous). So it could've been any of of those maladies that overtook her in the end. The doctors actually thought it might have been a blood clot. Whatever the cause of her sudden decline no longer matters I suppose. What does matter is that she had an amazing 17 years with us. She made life around here a little more fun as she was always sleeping in the oddest of places and loved to be goofy. She moved with us from Maryland to Atlanta to Pennsylvania to Massachussetts. She even miraculously survived a 3-story fall off our balcony in Maryland without so much as a scratch! She was amazing. Snowy was a very social cat and you guys all probably met her at one point. I was very, very close with her. Every night for about 5 years she would climb up on our bed (sorry, mom I know you hate pets in the bed!) and sleep with her head resting on my forearm all night. Many times I'd wake up with an extremely stiff and sore arm because I couldn't move it all night. Well today, when the doctor gently put her to sleep, Snowy laid her head right on my forearm again and drifted off peacefully and beautifully. Kary and I will profoundly miss her.


Not too heartbreaking and revealing and open for undue ridicule. 

6 comments:

Spanish Johnny said...

Wow, it feels great to learn that, after 10 years of "friendship," I'm not part of the tight circle of friends that received the email, you self-centered asshole.

Heinrich said...

Welche Art des Inhabers läßt ihre Katze drei Geschichten weg von einem Balkon fallen?

joe berkeley said...

Scott, you are so sensitive.

Tariq Monthreau said...

Je disparais complètement dans mon propre couvre-lit de la tristesse quand je suis confronté avec le vagin triste de la solitude comme votre situation dans cette obscurité. C'est le chat et seulement le chat qui apporte très son affection vraie au côté de votre être. Pas comme un chien, qui est invariablement comme une putain commune de service. J'aime le chat. Dans son indifférence, il va à l'avant vraiment de vous avec le d' astucieux et subtile de désir brûlant ; un moment plus tôt. Dans un temps plus tôt, j'ai eu le sexe vigoureux avec une putain française tout en pensant à mon chat. Il est l'une des choses qui nous fait tout le plus humain. Reposez-vous dans le confort de paix, beau chat, sachant que vous êtes aimé même par l'homme dont les mots agitent souvent avec la haine.

Gleemonex said...

Crusty and charred outside, soft and chewy inside. I like that in a blog.

Anonymous said...

Some of your posts are over the top, even for my most cynical side, but I feel for you on this one. My wife and I had to put our cat to sleep after 15 years, and it was the hardest day of my life thus far.

*raise a pint for Snow*