Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why the fuck did I buy so many DVDs?




It's something Spanish Johnny and I discuss all the time. 

Here are just some of the hundreds of titles in my collection which I either haven't even opened yet or haven't watched in over two years despite some of them being excellent films/shows and worthy of viewing: 

Jurassic Park (saw part of it on tv recently. This movie fucking sucks)
Slap shot (unopened for some reason, awesome movie)
The Lord of the Rings trilogy (two unopened)
Tigerland (gay much??)
Laving Las Vegas
Short Cuts 
Swimming with Sharks 
Office Space (it's on cable every 5 fucking minutes)
Seinfeld  seasons 1-6 (ditto), though I am considering buying season 9 for my favorite episode ever- The Merv Griffin set which I will watch over and over again.
Shakespeare in Love (huh??)
Amadeus
The Patriot (yes, Mel Gibson's American Revolution-themed Braveheart)
Being John Malkovich


DVD's I watch very often that I bought and do not regret: 

Mr. Show (all 4 seasons_)
Jackass (all of them)
Arrested Development (all seasons)
Strangers with Candy (all seasons)
Bruce Springsteen - Live in New York City
Bruce Springsteen - Live in Largo, MD 1978 (bootleg)
Phish - It
Phish- Bittersweet Motel
You can count on me
The Straight Story
Close Encounters of the third kind
Boogie Nights
And that one of your mother blowing me









Not too mind-numbingly boring and mundane and yet fascinating and boner inducing at the same time. 

5 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Phish? Really?

God. Just when you were starting to get me all hot.

Nobes said...

Shut up, bitch. You still listen to Hootie and the fucking Blowfish.

Gleemonex said...

I think you must have me confused with your mom.

Nobes said...

Honestly, I was confusing you with someone else; Tony.

My apologies, Gleem.

PS> Tony is my mom.

Spanish Johnny said...

God, you love that "You Can Count On Me." Good movie, but enough already. Same with "The Straight Story." Get over it. And what's with the "Shakespeare In Love" purchase? I mean, yes, it fulfills your hot-blonde-woman-wearing-fake-beard fetish, but that's about all it has going for it. Open those Lord Of The Ring DVDs and watch yourself a real film, jerk.

No, I'm not on my way to see "Hotel For Dogs."

(By the way, my word verification was "Hombrib.")