Friday, February 20, 2009

God I hope it's true.




Yes, this is a "friend of a friend" story but I really believe it's true. Or maybe I just really want it to be. I was told this story about ten years ago so the events took place probably 20 years ago. Anyway, here it is (told through the voice of my friend):

"So my buddy has a very loose connection to the Kennedy clan, like his mom is a 4th or 5th cousin, and one summer about 10 years ago he was visiting the "compound" in Hyannis, MA. Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger were there that weekend as well. So my buddy was down in the gym working out one morning when Arnold came in to do the same. They exchanged pleasantries but it was really like there was no connection between them at all. Like if Arnold had met a stranger on the street he would treat them the same way. But the kid was just so psyched to be working out in the same room as Arnold. So it's just the two of them down there and my buddy isn't going to quit before Arnold does so he just fuckin' pushes himself further and further. In fact, he thinks he's impressing Arnold a bit. No words are spoken but it's just a feeling he has. So my buddy is getting more and more psyched, the adrenaline is pumping, when Arnold finishes his workout. My buddy is actually benching as Arnold is leaving but stops just so he can say goodbye to him. Arnold says goodbye and then walks out the door...partially, then he pokes his head back in and says "Oh by the way, that weight you're lifting? It's pure faggotry" and shuts the door. My buddy was so deflated after that but all he could do was laugh."


That's right "Pure faggotry." Wow. What a fucking sentence. I thought I liked Arnold before. Now I fucking love him. 






Not too awesome. 

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

You have NO IDEA how many times me and Mr. Gleemonex have said "pure faggotry" in the hours since we both read this post. GOD I LOVE YOU.

Spanish Johnny said...

I had no idea where that story was going, and never, ever could've imagined it ending with the genius of "pure faggotry." More, like pure hilarity, MSG! Way to go!

(Note how I chose not to insult you, whereas you would've said something like, "You know what else is pure faggotry? Your post." Fuck you, MSG. In hindsight, I wish I had the class to take the low road.)